A day beside the beach - Bellaria San Mauro -

Sunday, September 26th, 2015

Our RV route to date

I got up early, as did everyone else, in order to take advantage of the fabulous campground facilities here in Bologna, Italy.

Since we were going to leave a little later than normal, I thought it would be safe to tackle washing all the sheets. We only have one set , mind you, so it is vital that they get dry before tonight.  Others, unfortunately, had the same idea.  I managed to procure a washer, but did not account for the dryers that were out of order.  Now what? A couple of ladies in our group notified me that they had 10 minutes left on their dryer, which I used, but they were still soaked. I then had to put the wet load in a trash bag and hope the weather would be good enough at the next stop to hang them out, or at least have dryers. I was not too worried.   We were loaned a huge clothes line, and luckily they were dry by the end of the day.

Italy countryside.  Gee, this looks like the Tuscan oil painting we own!

 Today our mission is to drive 159 miles and arrive at the Italian town of Bellaria San Mauro and spend an afternoon at the beach.  This stop was mainly to get us a reasonable distance to the ferry terminal that will transport us with RV’s to the main destination of this trip – Greece.

Lovely spot at campground on the Adriatic Sea

This new campground was wonderful as well. We were all given wristbands to access the beach, and although Norm and I are not “beach people” we went to check it out. Norm and I are also from New England, I from Gloucester, Massachusetts, so I am a bit spoiled when it comes to ocean vistas.

Norm and I just could not get excited over this particular beach on the coast of Italy.  Almost looks like
Daytona Beach, Florida
There was a large sea wall about 100 yds from the beach so you could not see very far out, or the sea at all, actually. Others in the group loved the chance to lounge or walk by the sea and soak up the sun.

Norm and I made dinner in the RV, while others had a terrific meal at the campground restaurant.

It was really nice to have an afternoon to unwind.

Not everything in Italy is beautiful!